Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
This website is operated by Shields O’Donnell MacKillop LLP (“SOM”). The materials and information provided by SOM on this website are for general information only. They should not be relied on as legal advice or opinion. No person should act or refrain from acting in reliance on any information found on this website without first obtaining appropriate professional advice.
This site and the content are provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind. Access to, and use of, the site or the content is at your own risk. Neither SOM nor any SOM personnel makes any representation, warranty or condition about the quality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency, timeliness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property or related rights, of the site or the content. Neither SOM nor any SOM personnel assumes any responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the site or of the content. Any person who acts or refrains from acting in reliance on material from this website does so at their own risk; in so acting, the person releases SOM, its lawyers and employees from any resulting liability.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, SOM and SOM personnel disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions of any kind with respect to the site and the content whether express, implied or collateral, including, without limitation, the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of intellectual property and related rights or that the site or the content are or will be error-free or will operate without interruption. In no event will SOM or any SOM personnel be liable, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory, for any damages of any kind, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive damages, lost profits, loss of use, loss of data, personal injury, fines, fees, penalties or other liabilities, whether or not SOM or any SOM personnel is advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from the use, or the inability to make use of, the site or the content.
No Solicitor-Client Relationship
No solicitor-client or other relationship is created by any person accessing or otherwise using this website, nor by any person sending an e-mail to any member or employee of SOM. Any person who wishes to obtain legal advice must directly contact one of SOM lawyers.
SOM does not guarantee the confidentiality of any information sent to the Firm via this website. Confidential communications should be sent directly to a SOM lawyer.
You may access and use the Site and the Content only in accordance with all applicable laws and the Terms. Subject to the Terms, SOM grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to access and use the Site and the Content only to display and save on your own computer, download and print a copy of the Content for your use, provided that the Content is not modified (“Permitted Uses”). By accessing or using the Site or the Content, or by displaying, saving, downloading or printing a copy of any Content, you do not acquire any other right or licence to the Site or the Content.
You may not access the Site or use the Site or the Content in any way or for any purpose that is unlawful. Without the prior written consent of SOM, you may not access the Site or use the Site or the Content for any purpose that is outside the scope of the Permitted Uses, or that violates the rights of SOM, any SOM Personnel or any other person. Without limiting the foregoing, without such consent, you may NOT engage in, or perform, directly or indirectly, any of the following activities with the Site or the Content or any portion thereof:
- No distribution. Making available, distributing, displaying, posting, disseminating, publishing, republishing, retransmitting, communicating to the public, or broadcasting;
- No modification. Creating a derivative work, modifying, translating, selecting, arranging, merging, compiling or otherwise combining with other data or other content or framing from or on another website;
- No scraping. Scraping, whether screen scraping, database scraping, or any other activity intended to collect, store, reorganize, summarize or manipulate any Content, whether by an automatic program or a manual process;
- No transaction. Selling, licensing, sublicensing or engaging in any other commercial transaction relating to the Site, the Content or any reproduction of all or any portion thereof in any medium;
- No decompilation. Decompiling, disassembling, reverse engineering or other exploitation of the Site, its architecture or the underlying software or code; and
- Not outside permitted uses. Any activity that is outside the scope of activity permitted by the Terms.
© 2013 Shields O’Donnell MacKillop LLP. All rights reserved.
Last modified March 22, 2013